Server Operator/Monitoring and optimization specialist
Wizcorp is looking for Server Operators to join our team in Tokyo, Japan.
Wizcorp offers a stimulating, international working environment in which knowledge is shared to foster personal and professional development.
In this role, you will be asked to:
- Provision and de-commission virtual machines in production (AWS, Joyent, or other providers VM)
- Take care of managing monitoring tools (both public and privately managed)
- Monitor systems, and report findings to concerned parties (generally either server engineers or product team)
- In partnership with concerned parties, help improve and optimize the performance of used softwares and systems
- In partnership with concerned parties (server engineers, product engineers, etc), develop and maintain contingency plans and cookbook recipes for handling abnormal situations and catastrophes.
- In case of off-hour emergencies, act as a first respondent (according to a first/second respondent rotation)
- Assists development teams in their utilization of resources (deployment, access to systems or data, etc)
- Strong Linux experience
- Jenkins and AWS experience
- NoSQL and Puppet/CFEngine/Cheff experience is a plus
- Fluent English and any other language you can bring in
- Must live in Tokyo or wish to relocate
- Bachelor degree or above
Technologies to be familiar with:
SNMP, PagerDuty, SSH, htop, iotop, dtrace, tcpdump, iperf, Nagios/Zabbix, Jenkins, AWS tools and dashboards.
- Medical insurance
- Visa support
- Travel expenses
- Japanese lessons
- Compensation based on experience